What It Is, Why It Matters,
and How It Can Transform
Schools and Classrooms
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR 2023!
What to Expect
Participants of this Institute will:
- Understand the history of our current approaches to grading, and recognize the ways in which our continued use of those practices undermines equity, teaching, and learning
- Learning about equitable grading practices that are more accurate, bias-resistant, and motivational
- Envision the challenges of implementing more equitable grading practices into our classrooms
- Reflect on previous experiences and beliefs with grading
- Find connections and disconnections between prior grading experiences and more equitable grading practices
- Envision ways to begin to use more equitable grading practices in our classrooms, schools, and districts
What this is NOT:
This is not a Train the Trainer workshop, but instead an opportunity for you to progress further on your own journey to understand and implement equitable grading. While you won’t be prepared to lead this work at your own site, you will become more fluent and confident explaining and discussing equitable grading with colleagues, caregivers, and students.
This remote event will blend online and offline experiences so that participants have time and space to learn, reflect, pause, and engage meaningfully with the content and colleagues. The 4-hour sessions each day will include online synchronous breakout groups and short presentations as well as offline readings, exercises, and videos. After an extended break, a 1-hour session is for assigned groups to work together to understand and apply content, and to prepare for the next day’s learning.
The Grading for Equity Institute includes approximately 15 hrs of professional development. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion and may apply for potential credit with their institution.
Cancellations must be received in writing by emailing email@example.com. Cancellations received up to 15 days prior to the start date of the program (canceling on or before July 3, 2023) will be fully refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations received from July 4 – July 17, 2023 will be refunded at 50%.
No refunds will be given for “no shows” or cancellations the same day of the event.
If the Grading for Equity Institute is canceled, it will be rescheduled and all enrollees will have the opportunity to attend the new dates or receive a full refund.
Countdown to 2023 Summer Virtual Institute!